Ursula Andrews LMT
Massage has many physiological effects, such as:
- Increased circulation to all areas of the body. This means that more oxygen goes to the tissues, enabling them to function more efficiently.
- Removal of toxins and waste products that build up in the tissues.
- Reduction in recovery time from certain injuries.
- Softening of the connective tissue that permeates the body, resulting in more relaxed muscles and more efficient organ function.
- Breaking of the pain-tension cycle, which helps prevent muscle strains and aches.
- Increased flexibility and joint mobility.
- Better muscular balance throughout the body, resulting in effective support for other healing modalities, such as chiropractic and osteopathic manipulation.